In the morning when I riseGive me Jesus.
You can have all this worldBut give me Jesus
I have found it quite difficult to put these lyrics into practice each morning. When I rise, I have a baby laying on top of me and a toddler pulling my blanket off my feet. I am no where near calling on the name of Jesus at that moment when I rise. In all honesty I have seen an immense negative impact in my daily routine when I don’t put Jesus first.
Let these reflections help you embrace the fact that you ARE chosen, loved, called, redeemed, justified, sanctified, forgiven, cleansed, and complete in Christ.
- Thank you for CHOOSING ME before the foundation of the world. Help me to be holy and blameless before you. Ephesians 1:4
- Thank you for adopting me, and calling me a CHILD OF GOD. Help me to experience the great love the Father has bestowed upon us. 1 John 3:1
- Thank you for being faithful and just to FORGIVE me of all my sins. Cleanse and purify me from all ungodliness. 1 John 1:9
- Thank you for JUSTIFYING me, presenting me as right before God. Thank you for SANCTIFYING ME, by setting me apart. Help me not to conform to the things of this world. Romans 5:1, 1 Corinthians 6:11.
- Thank you for REDEEMING me, by releasing me from the bondage of sin. Thank you for CLEANSING me through the priceless blood of Christ. Let me always reflect upon your sacrifice. Ephesians 1:7, 1 John 1:7
- Thank you for allowing me to be COMPLETE in him. Let me not turn to others for fulfillment. Colossians 2:10
If you are wondering how to obtain this identity in Christ, it is quite simple!
Romans 10:9 says If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
When I put my full faith in the Lord, he gave me this new identity in Him.
As I reflect each morning about my identity, I draw closer to Him. I am proud to be called a Child of God. With these simple reminders, I am starting to have a brighter and more joyful day.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure for more information.
Song lyrics: Give me Jesus by C.S.Brown